Fort Wagner, Morris Island, South Carolina,1863 (Raster Image)
- This layer is a georeferenced raster image of the historic paper manuscript map: Battery Wagner, Morris Isld., Francis D. Lee, Capt. Engrs. ; Langdon Cheves, Asst. Engr. in charge of work ; drawn by F.W. Bornemann, C.S. Engr. Office. It was drawn Nov 26, 1863. Scale [1:480]. The image inside the map neatline is georeferenced to the surface of the earth and fit to the South Carolina State Plane Coordinate System (in Meters) (Fipszone 3900). All map collar and inset information is also available as part of the raster image, including any inset maps, profiles, statistical tables, directories, text, illustrations, or other information associated with the principal map. This map shows features such as Fort dimensions and structures, landscape of area surrounding Fort, drainage, and more. This layer is part of a selection of digitally scanned and georeferenced historic maps of the Civil War from the Harvard Map Collection. Many items from this selection are from a collection of maps deposited by the Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States Commandery of the State of Massachusetts (MOLLUS) in the Harvard Map Collection in 1938. These maps typically portray both natural and manmade features, in particular showing places of military importance. The selection represents a range of regions, originators, ground condition dates, scales, and purposes.
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard College Library
- South Carolina, Morris Island, Wagner Point, and Fort Wagner (S.C.)
- Maps, Maps, Manuscript, Civil War, 1861-1865, Fortification, Land use, Infrastructure (Economics), Bodies of water, imageryBaseMapsEarthCover, intelligenceMilitary, and structure
- Held by
|Click on map to inspect values|