This layer defines the district boundaries for the Metropolitan Council members.
- The current Metropolitan Council Districts were enacted in 2013.
- Council member names and spellings are taken directly from the Metropolitan Council web site and press releases.
- Hanover, New Prague, Northfield, and Rockford have been removed from the district boundaries.
- Only the cities of Minneapolis, St. Paul and Eagan have significant populations split into more than one Council District. Chanhassen, Hastings and Spring Lake Park have small areas accross county boundaries in another Council district.
- The actual descriptions of Metropolitan Council District boundaries were taken from Minnesota Statutes 2012, 473.123 http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/473/123.html
- Adjustments for district boundaries that fall on city/township boundaries are updated on a quarterly basis with data from counties.
-The 2013 plan files, details and components passed by the 2013 MN Legislature can be found at www.gis.leg.mn/html/redistricting.html
-For the map and data available from the Metropolitan Council, district boundaries were adjusted to conform to existing geography employed by the Metropolitan Council.