This layer defines the district boundaries for the Metropolitan Council members.
- The current Metropolitan Council Districts were enacted in 2003.
- Council member names and spellings are taken directly from the Metropolitan Council web site and press releases.
- Hanover, New Prague, Northfield, and Rockford have been removed from the district boundaries.
- Only the cities of Minneapolis, St. Paul and Eagan have significant populations split into more than one Council District. Chanhassen, Hastings and Spring Lake Park have small areas accross county boundaries in another Council district.
- The actual descriptions of Metropolitan Council District boundaries were taken from Minnesota Statutes 2003, 473.123 http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/473/123.html
- The 2003 plan files, details and components passed by the 2003 MN Legislature are available here: http://www.gis.leg.mn/html/mc03/mc03.html