The dedication below the title cartouche reads "To Thomas Mifflin Governor, the Senate and House of Representatives of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, this map is respectfully inscribed by the author". Below the dedication is a scene of a dock-side ship named "PENN." At the top center of map is a copyright statement beginning: "District of Pennsylvania to wit. be it remembered, that on the eleventh day of January in the fifteenth year of the independence of the United States of America, came Reading Howell ... " According to Wheat and Brun, the map was published from four plates and each plate was published over a period of time. Relief shown by hachures. Shows county boundaries, towns, villages, forges, mills, houses, some names of property owners, roads and inland navigation. This map was Howell's first map of Pennsylvania, published after the Republic was established. Historic Maps copy has boundaries and names of counties founded after 1792 added in ms. 1 August, 1792.