Population Density Per Acre: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2000
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This raster dataset depicts the population denisty of the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California produced with a Dasymetric Mapping Technique, which is used to depict quantitative areal data using boundaries that divide an area into zones of relative homogeneity with the purpose of better portraying the population distribution. The source data was then adjusted in order to get convert the units to persons per acre. This dataset is an accurate representation of population distribution within census boundaries and can be used in a number of ways, including as the Conservation Suitability layer for the Marxan inputs and the watershed integrity analysis. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. Bay Area Open Space Council, GreenInfo Network, Conservation Lands Network, and San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project. (2011). Population Density Per Acre: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2000. Bay Area Open Space Council. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/bf412pw9968. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- The Conservation Lands Network regional biodiversity GIS database
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Population density, Urban density, Imagery and Base Maps, and Society
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|