Cultivated Lands in Watersheds: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2009
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This polygon shapefile depicts a watershed integrity cluster analysis at the CalWater 2.2.1 Planning Watershed (PWS) level that was performed by mapping factors representing some of the most significant watershed threats. Each individual watershed integrity factors was individually mapped and then combined in the watershed cluster analysis. This individual threat, Cultivated, was created by taking CalWater watersheds at the planning unit level (most refined) and running zonal statistics, part of spatial analysis. Cultivated comes from the California Department of Conservation Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program (FMMP) and was first converted to a grid so zonal statistics could be used. The FMMP defines Cultivated Land as arable land that is worked by plowing, sowing and raising of crops. The CalWater PWS was the zone dataset (pwsname as the zone field) and Cultivated as the value raster. The result gives the mean percent Cultivated in the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California at the watershed level in a table that you can join back to the CalWater GIS layer and then symbolize as a graduated color with the mean being the value field. This analysis was done by the Conservation Lands Network Fish and Riparian Focus Team.This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- San Francisco Bay (Calif.), San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Watersheds, Agriculture, Land use, Rural, Land use, Urban, Environment, Farming, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|