Geologic Reports: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This point shapefile depicts locations of geologic reports submitted withland use applications for the County of Santa Cruz, California. Engineering geology reports must be prepared by a geologist licensed by the State of California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists. Only reports prepared by a properly licensed professional will be accepted for review by the County. Development and development activities may be required to have a Geologic Hazards Assessment (GHA) done prior to issuance of a building permit. GHA’s are generally required in areas that are potentially hazardous (geologically speaking). (Geologic Hazards Ordinance (Section 16.10.040s). This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California. The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data. County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). Geologic Reports: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/bx067jg4728. Santa Cruz County Geologic Hazards Code (Chapter 16.10): http://www.codepublishing.com/ca/santacruzcounty/html/SantaCruzCounty16/SantaCruzCounty1610.html#16.10.040 These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County, California GIS Maps & Data
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Geological surveys, Hazard mitigation, Land use surveys, Geoscientific Information, Location, and Planning and Cadastral
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|