Geologic Units (Points), Freshwater Creek Watershed, California, 1999
- California Geological Survey and California. Division of Mines and Geology
- This point shapefile depicts geologic units within the Freshwater Creek watershed in Humboldt County, California at 1:24,000 scale. This map contains a digital representation of the map Geologic and Geomorphic Features Related to Landsliding, OFR 99-10, and the map of Relative Landslide Potential, OFR 99-10a. The map of Landslide Potential With Geologic and Geomorphic Features is a digital representation of the map of Geologic and Geomorphic Features Related to Landsliding, OFR 99-10, combined with the map of Relative Landslide Potential, OFR 99-10a. This map set was created using an ArcInfo GIS database by compiling information from OFR 99-10 and OFR 99-10a. The data for the original mapping (OFR 99-10 and 99-10a) was compiled from multiple sources including published maps and reports, aerial photograph mapping, and reconnaissance geologic mapping.The maps/data are useful in preparation of Timber Harvesting Plans, and for use by land managers for identifying areas of potentially unstable ground. The maps/data serve as a guide to potential problem areas where more site-specific review is required.
- California Geological Survey
- California, Northern, Humboldt County (Calif.), and Freshwater Creek (Calif.)
- Faults (Geology), Landslides, Watersheds, Landslide hazard analysis, Inland Waters, and Geoscientific Information
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|