Land Use: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2008
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This polygon shapefile depicts land use for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California, originlly derived from the California Department of Conservation Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program data. The counties are merged into one dataset. Attributes are as follows: Prime Farmland (P), Farmland of Statewide Importance (S), Unique Farmland (U), Farmland of Local Importance (L), Grazing Land (G), Urban and Built Up Land (D), Other Land (X) and Water (W). This is a very useful dataset for mapping grazing lands, urbanization and cultivated agriculture. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. Bay Area Open Space Council, GreenInfo Network, Conservation Lands Network, and San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project. (2011). Land Use: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2008. Bay Area Open Space Council. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/cr876kn5514. California Department of Conservation Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program data: http://www.consrv.ca.gov/DLRP/fmmp/Pages/index.aspx This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- The Conservation Lands Network regional biodiversity GIS database
- California, San Francisco Bay (Calif.), San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Ecological zones, Wildland-urban interface, Agriculture, Farmland, Grazing, Cities and towns, Metropolitan areas, Land use, Urban, Land use, Rural, Wetlands, Bodies of water, Ponds, Lakes, Waterways, Rivers, Riparian areas, Timber, Forests and forestry, Farming, Boundaries, Society, Biology and Ecology, Environment, and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|