World Land Areas, 1:50 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This polygon shapefile depicts land, including major islands. Data was derived from 10m coastline. Continental polygons broken into smaller, contiguous pieces to avoid having too many points in any one polygon, facilitating faster data processing in certain software applications. Coastline accuracy is suspect for northern Russia and southern Chile. This theme (and it’s inverse cousin, Ocean) are used to clip the raster imagery. These data are represented at 1:50,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0).Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Earth (Planet)
- Continents and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|