San Lorenzo Valley Response Areas: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This polygon shapefile represents San Lorenzo Valley emergency response areas in the County of Santa Cruz, California. These Areas were created to have a single contact person for a neighborhood or group of houses within the San Lorenzo Valley Area. In the event of a natural disaster, the contact person would be responsible for making sure that each household had been checked and notified of what to do (i.e. evacuate, where to go, etc.). The phone numbers of these individuals are confidential, and not used for any purpose other than notification during or after a natural disaster. Attributes contain a 2 letter code for general area and a 1 or 2 digit number for more specific areas. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California. The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data. County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). San Lorenzo Valley Response Areas: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/cw227pw7509. GIS Layer Number = 78/ Valley Resource Center drew lines over our parcel maps at 1"= 800'. These were converted to AutoCAD format, plotted, returned to the Valley Resource Center for quality assurance. Layer was redrawn in March 03 to convert to the NAD83 placement and to capture most recent parcel configurations. These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County, California GIS Maps & Data
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Special districts, County services, Emergency management, Natural disasters, Boundaries, and Environment
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values