100-Meter Resolution Color Shaded Relief of Hawaii
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- The Color Shaded Relief of Hawaii map layer is a 100-meter resolution color-sliced elevation image of Hawaii, with relief shading added to accentuate terrain features, in an Albers Equal-Area Conic projection. The image was produced by combining the 100-meter resolution color-sliced elevation and the grayscale shaded relief data sets that are distributed by the National Atlas of the United States. The color shaded relief data were derived from the National Atlas 100-meter resolution elevation data. The elevation data were derived from National Elevation Dataset (NED) data and show the terrain of Hawaii at a resolution of 100 meters. The NED is a raster product assembled by the U.S. Geological Survey, designed to provide national elevation data in a seamless form with a consistent datum, elevation unit, and projection. Data corrections made in the NED assembly process minimize artifacts, permit edge matching, and fill sliver areas of missing data. This layer is part of the 1997-2014 edition of the National Atlas of the United States. The 100-meter resolution color shaded relief data were developed to portray the terrain of the United States at 1:1,000,000 scale. They are intended primarily for visual purposes. The original National Elevation Dataset (NED) data should be used for conducting analysis and determining the most accurate elevation values. No responsibility is assumed by the National Atlas of the United States in the use of these data. National Atlas of the United States. (2013). 100-Meter Resolution Color Shaded Relief of Hawaii. National Atlas of the United States. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/cz837nz3249. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- National Atlas of the United States
- National atlas of the United States of America, 1997-2014
- United States and Hawaii
- Altitudes, Topographic maps, Digital elevation models, Elevation, Geoscientific Information, and Imagery and Base Maps
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|