Yura Yōsai kinbō, Maps Index
- Stanford Geospatial Center
- This polygon shapefile is an index to 1:10,000 scale maps of Yura (Japan), titled 'Yura Yōsai kinbō -- 由良要塞近傍.'’ This map series was originally produced by the Japanese Land Survey Department of the General Staff Headquarters between 1900 and 1901. Stanford University Libraries holds a large collection of Japanese military and imperial maps, referred to as gaihōzu, or "maps of outer lands." These maps were produced starting in the early Meiji (1868-1912) era and the end of World War II by the Land Survey Department of the General Staff Headquarters, the former Japanese Army. The Library is in the process of scanning and making available all of the maps in the collection. To create this index, footprints were generated using the fishnet tool, and metadata were supplied for the digitized paper maps by Stanford University Libraries. After the footprints were created, the shapefile was trimmed and labeled according to the sources.Reliefisshown by contours and spot heights. NOTE: Sheet# 1-11: added a part of Tomonoshima (Tomono Island) on Taishō 2-nen .This layer provides an index map that can be used to locate individual scanned map sheets.
- Yura (Japan) and Yura Region (Japan)
- Grids (Cartography), Index maps, Military maps, Topographic maps, Boundaries, and Military
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|