California Geographic Names, 2000
- California. Department of Fish and Game. Marine Resources Region and Geological Survey (U.S.)
- This point shapefile contains information on names, locations, and types of geographic features in California. The layer source is a custom state extract from the U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). GNIS contains geographic names for all known places, features, and areas in the United States that are identified by a proper name. In the layer, each feature is located by geographic coordinates and is referenced to the 1:24,000-scale USGS topographic map on which it is shown. This layer is part of a collection of data created by the California Department of Fish & Game.This layer is useful for locating landmarks, place names, and related locations and relating them to geographic coordinates.
- California. Department of Fish and Game. Marine Resources Region
- Landmarks, Society, Geoscientific Information, Location, Economy, Environment, and Structure
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|