Cultivated Lands: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2008
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This polygon shapefile depicts cultivated lands in the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. This data was derived from the California Department of Conservation Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program (FMMP) data. FMMP defines Cultivated Land as arable land that is worked by plowing, sowing and raising of crops. The county data was merged into one dataset. The categories that the Conservation Lands Network (CLN) Project considered Cultivated Agriculture were pulled out and compiled for this dataset. Attributes are as follows: Prime Farmland (P), Farmland of Statewide Importance (S) and Unique Farmland (U). The Cultivated Agriculture is an important layer in the development of the CLN. These areas became part of the "Converted" lands and were extracted out of the final CLN. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Ecological zones, Agriculture, Farmland, Land use, Rural, Environment, Farming, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|