World Disputed Areas, 1:50 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This polygon shapefile depicts disputed areas ranging from Kashmir to the Elemi Triangle and Northern Cyprus to the Western Sahara desert. Data is derived from the The United States Central Intelligence Agency's World Factbook boundary database, but not every disputed or undefined boundary listed in the World Factbook boundary database is reflected in the main admin-0 boundaries attributes. Care should be taken with regard to undefined or disputed boundaries when attributing to reflect if the dispute is active or not. Some disputed areas that are small could be better symbolized with a point symbol. These data are represented at 1:50,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0).Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Earth (Planet)
- Countries, Boundary disputes, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|