Sandhills Habitat Mitigation Areas: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This polygon shapefile depicts parcels that are eligible to use the Zayante Sandhills Conservation Bank as mitigation for loss of sandhills habitat in conjunction with proposed development in the County of Santa Cruz, California. It will be used by County staff for notifying the public whether or not they are eligible to use the Bank as mitigation for their proposed development project. The Interim Programmatic Habitat Conservation Plan (IPHCP) addresses the incidental take of endangered species associated with residential projects located in already developed neighborhoods within the Sandhills. The plan will describe the specific eligibility criteria for projects and identify the neighborhoods in which landowners can utilize the IPHCP. Originally drafted in 2002, completion of the IPHCP was delayed due to the absence of a feasible method for landowners to mitigate the impacts of their projects on endangered species by providing for preservation of habitat. In June 2005, the United States Fish and Wildlife Service revised the plan to identify mitigation options, which include purchasing credits in the Zayante Sandhills Conservation Bank and providing the revised plan to the County of Santa Cruz for final review. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California. The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data. County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). Sandhills Habitat Mitigation Areas: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/dy055gq1528. County of Santa Cruz Planning Department General Plan (adopted May 24, 1994): http://www.sccoplanning.com/PlanningHome/SustainabilityPlanning/GeneralPlan.aspx These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County, California GIS Maps & Data
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Biotic communities, Habitat conservation, Soil conservation, Environmental impact analysis, Boundaries, Environment, and Geoscientific Information
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|