Airport Runways: United States and Territories, 2011
- United States. Bureau of Transportation Statistics and United States. Federal Aviation Administration
- The Airport Runways database is a geographic dataset of runways in the United States and its Territories containing information on the physical characteristics of the runways. This polyline shapefile depicts 6,839 runways associated with the 19,527 airports in the companion airport dataset. This geospatial data is derived from the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) National Airspace System Resource Aeronautical Data Product. This layer is part of the 2014 National Transportation Atlas Database. The National Transportation Atlas Databases 2014 (NTAD2014) is a set of nationwide geographic datasets of transportation facilities, transportation networks, associated infrastructure and other political and administrative entities. These datasets include spatial information for transportation modal networks and intermodal terminals, as well as the re¬lated attribute information for these features. This data supports research, analysis, and decision-making across all transportation modes. It is most useful at the national level, but has major applications at regional, state and local scales throughout the transportation community. The data used to compile NTAD2014 was provided by our partners within the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and by other agencies throughout the United States Federal Government. These contributors are the actual data stewards and are ultimately responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of their data. The data provides users with information about airport runway locations for national and regional analysis applications. United States. Department of Transportation. Research and Innovative Technology Administration. (2014). Airport Runways: United States and Territories, 2011. National Transportation Atlas Database 2014. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/dz281yg1183.
- United States. Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- National transportation atlas databases : NTAD
- United States--Territories and possessions, United States, Washington (D.C.), United States Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, and Guam
- Airports, Runways (Aeronautics), and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|