Wetlands: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2003
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, GreenInfo Network (Firm), San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and San Francisco Estuary Invasive Spartina Project
- This polygon shapefile depicts the extent, approximate location and type of wetlands habitats in the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. San Francisco Bay area National Wetlands Inventory (NWI) polygons were downloaded as individual shapefiles from the NWI website in summer 2007, then integrated into a ArcGIS 9.2 personal Access geodatabase by the San Francisco Estuary Invasive Spartina Project (ISP) to simplify visualization and interpretation of the data for the purposes of locating boundaries of tidal wetlands. Staff at ISP also used formulas to decode NWI wetland codes into added attribute fields to simplify interpretation. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- San Francisco Bay (Calif.), San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Hydrography, Wetlands, and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|