Fire Protection Districts: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries for Fire Protection Districts and Response Areas in the County of Humboldt, California. This coverage includes names of points of contact, addresses and phone numbers. The specific services Fire Districts provide are: 1) Fire protection services; 2) Rescue services; and 3) Emergency medical services. Fire Protection Districts qualify as special districts in the state of California, usually independent of any city or county government and funded by a portion of property taxes and special tax assessment on properties within its Fire Protection District. This layer is maintained for the benefit of the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) of Santa Clara County. LAFCO was created in 1963 to encourage orderly formation of local government agencies, preserve agricultural land resources and discourage urban sprawl. LAFCos are responsible for coordinating logical and timely changes in local governmental boundaries, conducting special studies that review ways to reorganize, simplify, and streamline governmental structure and preparing a sphere of influence for each city and special district within each county.The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County (Calif.)
- Administrative and political divisions, Special districts, Fire protection districts, Fire prevention, Emergency management, Boundaries, Environment, and Planning and Cadastral
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|