States and Provinces with Scale Ranking, 1:50 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This polygon shape file depicts internal, first-order administrative boundaries for states and provinces of Australia, Brazil, Canada and the United States with scale ranking. For more detailed breakdowns for most countries in the world, see 10m admin-1. Boundary lines do not duplicate each other. Boundary lines are only present on internal boundaries (not coastlines or admin-0 boundaries). Boundaries should perfectly match the following 50m Natural Earth Vector themes: coastline, lake shoreline, admin-0 country boundary, river and lake centerlines. All countries with 10m admin-1 with scale ranks 1 to 5 should be present in this file. Use the following selection statement to derive this theme from the 50m lakes: “ScaleRank” <=0. Then punch those selected features through the 50m admin-1 and save result as a new feature classThese data are represented at 1:50,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0). Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Australia, Brazil, Canada, and United States
- Provinces, States, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|