Grazing Lands and Selected Farmlands: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2008
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This polygon shapefile depicts vegetation types that are considered rangeland habitats in the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. This data was uniquely extracted based on the California Department of Conservation Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program (FMMP) and the Conservation Lands Network (CLN) vegetation data. This data was merged with the FMMP Grazing Lands and Farmland of Local Importance categories. This was filtered by only integrating in those areas within the Farmland of Local Importance category that intersected with the rangeland vegetation types identified by the CLN Project Team. The final layer was all FMMP Grazing Land plus specific areas within Farmland of Local Importance. This dataset was developed by the CLN Project Team working with the GreenInfo Network for the California Rangeland Trust. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Ecological zones, Habitat (Ecology), Agriculture, Farmland, Grazing, Land use, Rural, Vegetation surveys, Environment, Farming, Boundaries, and Biology and Ecology
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|