NOVI ORBIS SIVE TOTIUS AMERICÆ CUM ADIACENTIBUS INSULIS Nova exhibitio.
- Weigel, Christoph, 1654-1725
- California as large island on second Sanson model, with many coastal place names and mountain chain in the north. "TERRA ESONIS" to northwest, with peninsula labelled "Anian". Title cartouche (lower left) surrounded by natives offering rolls of tobacco and a pipe-smoking European. Weigel's map entitled "Nova tabula Americæ" is identical, except for title cartouche. [Weigel, Christoph the Elder]. LC/Atlases 568,569,582; Tooley 90, Leighly 158.
- The Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island
- America--Maps and California as an island--Maps
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights (Public Domain Mark 1.0).