Block Island Proposed Turbine Locations, Northeast United States, 2013
- This point shapefile contains proposed wind turbine locations on Block Island (Rhode Island). The planned Block Island Wind Farm (BIWF) will be a 30-megawatt offshore wind farm located approximately three miles southeast of Block Island. It will consist of five, 6-MW wind turbine generators, a submarine cable interconnecting the wind turbine generators (WTGs), and a transmission cable, all located within Rhode Island State waters. The wind farm will generate over 125,000 megawatt hours annually. Deepwater Wind plans to begin transmission construction for the wind warm as early as 2014 and offshore construction will begin in 2015. This dataset shows the proposed locations of the BIWF WTGs.To support coastal and ocean planning and other activities pursuant to the Coastal Zone Management Act, Energy Policy Act, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Rivers and Harbors Act and the Submerged Lands Act.
- Northeast Ocean Data
- Block Island (R.I. : Island), Rhode Island, and Atlantic Ocean
- Wind turbines, Offshore wind power plants, Environment, Structure, Utilities and Communication, and Economy
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|