Recreational Fishing Effort, 2000-2009
- Nature Conservancy (U.S.) and United States. National Marine Fisheries Service
- This product was created by the Nature Conservancy based on data provided by the National Marine Fisheries Service. The number of trips information is based on vessel trip report records that have been aggregated by ten minute square and have been screened for confidentiality. The records to produce this dataset are for federally permitted party boats and charter boats only. Vessel trip reports are submitted to the National Marine Fisheries Service by federally permitted fishing vessels for all fishing trips. The screening process protects the identity of each individual permitted commercial fishing vessel. Approximately 70% to 80% of all recorded of trips between 2000 and 2009 are represented in this dataset at the ten-minute square resolution.The purpose of this data product to show the relative concentration of recreational fishing effort for each ten-minute square by federally permitted party and charter fishing vessels.
- Northeast Ocean Data
- Atlantic Ocean and Northeastern States
- Fishing, Environment, and Oceans
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|