Ocean Depths: California Coast, 2000
- California. Department of Fish and Game. Marine Resources Region, Pacific Fishery Management Council (U.S.), United States. National Marine Fisheries Service, and United States. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- This point shapefile depicts ocean depths gridded on a 5-minute latitude/longitude interval. This coverage was created from data extracted from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) "TerrainBase" dataset. The TerrainBase global digital terrain model contains a complete matrix of land elevation and ocean depth values for the entire world. NGDC/World Data Center-A developed the model using the best public domain data available at the time of publication.The intended use of this coverage is as a companion dataset to the Department of Fish and Wildlife "Trawl Logbook Catch Grid," developed by the Pacific Fishery Management Council, the States of Washington, Oregon and California, and the National Marine Fisheries Service (see coverage "caltrawl" in Resource Details Supplemental Information). The coarse resolution of the estimated depths facilitates rapid display on microcomputer and comparative analysis of trawl block data. These data are not suitable for inshore habitat analysis nor for navigation purposes.
- California. Department of Fish and Game. Marine Resources Region
- California and Pacific Ocean
- Coasts, Continental shelf, Contours (Cartography), Digital elevation models, Remote sensing, Bathymetric maps, Elevation, Oceans, and Location
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|