Mill Creek Wetlands: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries of the Mill Creek Wetlands in the County of Humboldt, California. The McKinleyville Community Plan adopted in December 2002 designated the Mill Creek Wetlands as a floodplain and part of the McKinleyville Planning Area for land use planning, riparian habitat management and flood control purposes. These data were derived from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife mapping of wetland areas as it appeared in the Report for Wetlands in McKinleyville as Revealed by Infrared Aerial Photograph Interpretation (Winzler & Kelly, Feb., 1993), and was described in Hydrology and Ecology in the Mill Creek Corridor, McKinleyville, CA (Oscar Larson & Assoc., Mar., 1995). The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data. Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. (2015). Mill Creek Wetlands: Humboldt County, California, 2015. Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/gg728xz6041. McKinleyville Community Plan (adopted December 2002): http://www.humboldtgov.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/287 The County of Humboldt makes no guarantee of the quality or completeness of this data. It has not been fully reviewed for accuracy and is intended to be used for planning purposes only. The department assumes no liability or responsibility in the use of this data. While every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of this information, it should be understood that it does not have the force and effect of law, rule, or regulation. In the event of any difference or error, the law will take precedence. The accuracy of map data varies from location to location in the county. While the GIS is useful for planning purposes, it should not be relied upon to determine property, zoning or general plan designation boundaries or be used in any way for project design. All GIS data should be verified before it is materially relied upon for property or project planning. In urban areas the GIS map data maybe inaccurate by as much as 50 feet in any direction. In rural areas the map data may be inaccurate by as much as 400 feet in any direction. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County, California GIS Maps & Data
- Humboldt County (Calif.) and McKinleyville (Calif.)
- Floodplains, Wetlands, Rivers, Hydrography, Boundaries, and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|