World Glaciated Areas, 1:110 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This polygon shapefile depicts major polar glaciers and more recently de-glaciated areas. Includes name attributes for major polar glaciers, but does not include scale rank attributes. Polygons were derived from the Digital Chart of the World (DCW), except for Antarctica derived from MOA. The original DCW data was collected decades ago, so this data layer is deliberately called “glaciated areas” instead of “glaciers” to reflect the changeable character of glacier extents. Filtering has aggregated some minor glaciers and eliminated others from the original DCW data. These data are represented at 1:110,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0).Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Earth (Planet)
- Glaciers, Glacial landforms, and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|