State and Province Areas, 1:50 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This polygon shape file depicts internal, first-order administrative boundaries for states and provinces of Australia, Brazil, Canada and the United States. For more detailed breakdowns for most countries in the world, see 10m admin-1. Boundary lines do not duplicate each other. Boundary lines are only present on internal boundaries (not coastlines or admin-0 boundaries). Boundaries should perfectly match the following 50m Natural Earth Vector themes: coastline, lake shoreline, admin-0 country boundary, river and lake centerlines. All countries with 10m admin-1 with scale ranks 1 to 5 should be present in this file. Use the following selection statement to derive this theme from the 50m lakes: “ScaleRank” <=0. Then punch those selected features through the 50m admin-1 and save result as a new feature classThese data are represented at 1:50,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0). Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Australia, Brazil, Canada, and United States
- Provinces, States, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|