Assessor's Parcels: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This polygon shapefile represents parcels over which the County of Santa Cruz, California holds authority. Assessor's parcels are based upon the legal property descriptions and are maintained by the Assessor's GIS Staff. Each Parcel is identified by an Assessor's Parcel Number (APN), which is an 8 digit number separated by dashes (e.g. 049-103-12). The first 3 digits represent the Assessor's mapbook containing the Parcel (Book 049 in the above example). The next 2 digits represent the page number within that mapbook (Page 10 in the example). The next digit represents the block number on that page (Block 3 in the example). The last 2 digits represent the Assessor's Parcel Number on that block (12 in the example). A parcel is a piece of real property under a defined ownership, or it can be a lot in a subdivision. County governments administer and legislate through the creation of and maintenance of land records that are associated with a parcel of land. Thus the parcel is often the vital administrative unit of local government. parcel maps must meet the requirements of the General Plan and all applicable laws and ordinances. Parcel maps are alternately called tax maps, plat maps, plot maps and assessor maps. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California.The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Administrative and political divisions, Real property--Maps, Public lands, Right of property, Planning and Cadastral, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|