Community Service Districts: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polygon shapefile depicts boundariesfor Community Service Districts and Spheres of Influence in the County of Humboldt, California. A Community Services District is a Special District created in 1952 and provides water, sewer and street lighting to the unincorporated areas surrounding the City of Eureka known as Pine Hill, Cutten, Rosewood, Myrtletown, Humboldt Hill, Fields Landing, King Salmon, Pigeon Point and Freshwater. A five-member elected Board of Directors governs the District. The Board assumes responsibility for the adoption of this plan while the General Manager oversee its implementation. As of June 2013, the District served 7,526 water connections, 6,326 sewer connections and Street Lights with a staff of 21. Funding comes primarily through rates and revenue bonds. The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County (Calif.)
- Special districts, Sewer districts, Water districts, Spheres of influence, Boundaries, and Utilities and Communication
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|