North American Rivers, 1:10 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This polyline shapefile depicts single-line drainages for rivers in North America only ranked by relative importance. Includes name and line width attributes for creating tapered drainages. River data is derived from the North American Environmental Atlas, a collaboration of government agencies in Canada, Mexico and the United States and the trilateral Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC). Headwaters of some CEC rivers were clipped slightly downstream to provide visual separation with other river headwaters and to avoid the crests of ridges on the shaded relief. These data are represented at 1:10,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0).Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- North America
- Rivers and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|