Vegetation Types: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2006
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This raster dataset depicts a final version of the Coarse Filter Vegetation Map as a 30 meter grid with 61 cover types, 51 of which are natural or semi-natural land cover, using only the Coarse Filter for Vegetation Type for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. This dataset is also not combined with the landscape unit or Protected Lands data. See Resource Details for detailed data compilation description. This data was compiled from data sourced from the United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service, The Nature Conservancy and the California Department of Forestry and Fire. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Biogeography, Vegetation surveys, Vegetation classification, Vegetation mapping, Planning and Cadastral, and Environment
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|