Census Counties, 2000 - San Francisco Bay Area, California
- California. Metropolitan Transportation Commission and U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census, Geography Division
- This polygon shapefile displays the 9 counties for the San Francisco Bay Area of California, as of January 1, 2000. The primary legal divisions of most states are termed ''counties.'' Each county and statistically equivalent entity is assigned a three-digit Federal Information Processing Standards code that is unique within the state. These codes are assigned in alphabetical order of county or county equivalent within each state.This layer is part of the Bay Area Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) GIS Maps and Data collection.This dataset is intended for researchers, students, and policy makers for reference and mapping purposes, and may be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analysis with other spatial data.
- California. Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), San Francisco (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), Sonoma County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), and Alameda County (Calif.)
- Counties and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|