World River and Lake Centerlines with Scale Ranking, 1:10 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This polyline shapefile depicts single-line drainages and lake centerlines with scale rankings worldwide ranked by relative importance. Includes name and line width attributes for creating tapered drainages. River data is primarily derived from the World Data Bank 2. All rivers received manual smoothing and position adjustments to fit shaded relief generated from SRTM Plus elevation data, which is more recent and (presumably) more accurate. Turn on centerlines to avoid data gaps. These data are represented at 1:10,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0).Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Earth (Planet)
- Bodies of water, Rivers, Lakes, and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|