Airport Noise Contours: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries for Airport Noise Contours at the Arcata-Eureka Airport in the County of Humboldt, California. These Contours are displayed at both the 60 and 65 Community Noise Equivalent Levels (CNELs), representing equal levels of noise exposure for each Level. Aircraft noise is a significant factor in land use planning around airports. The objectives of compatible land use planning are to encourage land uses that are generally considered to be incompatible with airports (such as residential, schools, and churches) to locate away from airports and to encourage land uses that are more compatible (such as industrial and commercial uses) to locate around airports. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has been actively supporting programs to minimize noise impacts. The Arcata-Eureka Aiport is located in McKinleyville, California and offers commercial air service to Humboldt, Del Norte and Mendocino Counties and is served by 1 commercial airline.The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County (Calif.)
- Administrative and political divisions, Airports, Land use--Planning, Environmental impact analysis, Airport noise, Eureka-Arcata Airport (Calif.), Boundaries, and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|