Glaciers, North America, 2004
- Instituto Nacional de Estadística, Geografía e Informática (Mexico), Geological Survey (U.S.), and Canada Centre for Remote Sensing
- This polygon shapefile shows areas of permanent ice found on the North America landmass including Greenland, and also shows areas of land found within glaciers. No distinction is made between major glaciers, ice fields, and the Greenland ice cap. The only permanent ice shown on land areas outside of North America and Greenland is on Iceland. This layer is part of the 1997-2014 edition of the National Atlas of the United States.The North American Atlas data are intended for geographic display and analysis at the national and continental level. The data should be displayed and analyzed at scales appropriate for 1:10,000,000-scale data. No responsibility is assumed by Natural Resources Canada, Instituto Nacional de Estadística Geografía e Informática, or the U.S. Geological Survey in the use of these data.
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- North America, Greenland, and Canada
- Glaciers, Ice, and Environment
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|