Tree Vole Range (Reverse Polygon Mask): San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2008
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This polygon shapefile depicts the range map the Sonoma tree vole (Arborimus pomo) that were pulled out and then reversed so the polygon represents areas outside of their range. This creates a mask so the actual species ranges can be shown while the area outside of its range can be masked out. Vector datasets are a component of the California Wildlife Habitat Relationships (CWHR) range maps, a comprehensive information system and predictive model for California's wildlife. The CWHR System was developed to support habitat conservation and management, land use planning, impact assessment, education and research involving terrestrial vertebrates in California. CWHR contains information on life history, management status, geographic distribution and habitat relationships for 694 species of amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals known to occur regularly in the state. Range maps represent the maximum, current geographic extent of each species within California. They were originally delineated at a scale of 1:5,000,000 by species-level experts and have gradually been revised at a scale of 1:1,000,000.This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Tree voles, Biogeography, Habitat (Ecology), Home range (Animal geography), Environment, and Biology and Ecology
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|