Safety, Security Regulated Areas, Northeast United States, 2014
- The Regulated, Safety and Security Zones map layer identifies areas in which vessel access is either limited or restricted, or within which special regulations apply. The primary source material consisted of coordinates from the electronic Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 33, Part 165, Subpart F, First Coast Guard District. The purpose of this part is to: (a) Prescribe procedures for establishing different types of limited or controlled access areas and regulated navigation areas; (b) Prescribe general regulations for different types of limited or controlled access areas and regulated navigation areas; (c) Prescribe specific requirements for established areas; and (d) List specific areas and their boundaries. Additional spatial information was provided by NOAA digital nautical charts in cases where the CFR provided sufficient boundary descriptions rather than specific coordinates.To support coastal and ocean planning and other activities pursuant to the Coastal Zone Management Act, Energy Policy Act, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Rivers and Harbors Act and the Submerged Lands Act.
- Northeast Ocean Data
- Atlantic Ocean, Boothbay Harbor (Me.), Boston Harbor (Mass.), Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay), Cape Cod Bay (Mass.), Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (State), and Rhode Island
- Protected areas, Waterways, Oceans, Environment, and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|