Africa: Void-filled digital elevation model, 15s resolution, 2007
- World Wildlife Fund
- This raster layer is a void-filled digital elevation model (DEM) of Africa at 15 arc-seconds resolution. Elevation is expressed in meters and referenced to the WGS84 EGM96 geoid. The primary data source of HydroSHEDS is the digital elevation model of the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission. SRTM elevation data were obtained by a specially modified radar system that flew onboard the Space Shuttle Endeavor during an 11-day mission in February of 2000. Regions of no-data (voids), specifically mountainous regions, or those over large water bodies prevented the production of reliable elevation data. The existence of no-data in the DEM causes significant problems for deriving hydrological products, which require continuous flow surfaces. Therefore, a void-filling procedure has been applied to provide a continuous DEM for HydroSHEDS.The goal of developing HydroSHEDS was to generate key data layers to support regional and global watershed analyses, hydrological modeling, and freshwater conservation planning at a quality, resolution and extent that had previously been unachievable.
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Digital elevation models, Elevation, Elevation, and Imagery and Base Maps
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- Users may apply HydroSHEDS for non-commercial purposes. Any modification of the original data by users must be noted. The authors of HydroSHEDS may request reprints of publications and copies of derived materials. The user shall not reproduce, convert, (re)publish, (re)distribute, (re)broadcast, (re)transmit, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign, time-share, or transfer, in whole or in part, or provide unlicensed third parties access to the data and related materials without explicit written permission from the authors. We kindly ask users to cite HydroSHEDS in any published material produced using this data. If possible, please provide online links to http://www.worldwildlife.org/hydrosheds for general information, and/or http://hydrosheds.cr.usgs.gov for data download and technical information.
- HydroSHEDS has been generated through the extensive use and incorporation of data products provided by various other authors. The data and related materials may thus contain proprietary and confidential property of these authors and/or their licensor(s). HydroSHEDS data and related materials are protected by United States copyright or sui generis laws and applicable international copyright treaties and/or conventions.
- Attribution Non-Commercial 3.0 Unported
|Click on map to inspect values|