Coral Reefs on Eastern Coast of Kenya, 2006
- Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute, United Nations Development Programme (Kenya), and Nationale geologiske undersøgelser for Danmark og Grønland
- This polygon shapefile represents coral reefs on the eastern coast of Kenya. These data were acquired from 'KenSea, Environmental Sensitivity Atlas for Coastal Area of Kenya,' published by the Geological Survey of Denmark (GEUS) (2006). To protect the ecological integrity of Kenya’s coral reefs, the government has designated six marine reserves — Kisite, Kiunga, Malindi, Mombasa, Mpunguti, and Watamu — encompassing a signiﬁcant portion of the reef and its surrounding waters.This data was used in Map 6.4 and Map 6.5 in Nature's Benefits in Kenya: An Atlas of Ecosystems and Human Well-Being.
- Nationale geologiske undersøgelser for Danmark og Grønland
- Coral reef ecology, Coral reefs and islands, and Environment
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|