Africæ Deſcriptio Nova Impenſis
- Seile, Henry, 1595-1660 and Trevethen, William
- Colored Similar to Chetwind's map (see NOR 0039). The ocean is decorated with ships, flying fish and sea monsters. Elephants, lions, ostriches, and giraffes are illustrated on the mainland. "The River Niger is erroneously mapped and there are many ficticious lakes in Central Africa." Dr. Oscar I. Norwich David Rumsey Map Center copy 1: Norwich no. NOR 0036.
- Dr. Oscar I. Norwich collection of maps of Africa and its islands, 1486 - ca. 1865
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Dr. Oscar I. Norwich collection of maps of Africa and its islands, 1486 - ca. 1865 courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights (Public Domain Mark 1.0).