Census Tracts: Santa Cruz County, California, 2000
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This polygon shapefile depicts Census tracts as of 2000 for the County of Santa Cruz, California. Census Tract and Block numbers can be linked to Population and Housing information collected by the United States Census each decade. Population information available includes: sex, race, age, ethnic background, income, education, language spoken at home, employment and more. Housing information includes: number of units and rooms in structure, ownership, home value, rent, source of water, condominium, year built and more. Census Tracts are identified by a 4 digit basic number and may have a 2 digit suffix. For example, 6059.02. Census Tract numbers range from 0001 through 9499.99 and are unique within a county (numbers in the range of 9501 through 9989.99 denote a Block numbering area). Census Tracts represent the smallest territorial unit for which population data are available in many countries. In the United States, Census Tracts are subdivided into Block Groups and Census Blocks. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California.The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Administrative and political divisions, Census districts, Boundaries, and Society
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|