Assessor's Parcels: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries of Parcels over which the County of Humboldt, California holds authority. This coverage includes all unincorporated areas, as well as cities/incorporated areas. Assessor's Parcels are based upon the legal property descriptionsand each Parcel is identified by an Assessor's Parcel Number (APN), which is an 8 digit number separated by dashes (e.g. 049-103-12). The first 3 digits represent the Assessor's mapbook containing the Parcel (Book 049 in the above example). The next 2 digits represent the page number within that mapbook (Page 10 in the example). The next digit represents the block number on that page (Block 3 in the example). The last 2 digits represent the Assessor's Parcel Number on that block (12 in the example). A Parcel is a piece of real property under a defined ownership, or it can be a lot in a subdivision. County governments administer and legislate through the creation of and maintenance of land records that are associated with a Parcel of land. Thus the Parcel is often the vital administrative unit of local government. Parcel maps must meet the requirements of the General Plan and all applicable laws and ordinances. Parcel maps are alternately called tax maps, plat maps, plot maps and assessor maps.The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County (Calif.)
- Administrative and political divisions, Real property--Maps, Public lands, Right of property, Boundaries, and Planning and Cadastral
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|