United States of America (Raster Image)
- Center for Spatial and Textual Analysis
- This layer is a georeferenced image of a map of the United States. The original map was published in 'A Complete Genealogical, Historical, Chronological, and Geographical Atlas; Being a General Guide to History, Both Ancient and Modern...' published by M. Carey in 1820. All map collar and inset information is also available as part of the raster image, including any inset maps, profiles, statistical tables, directories, text, illustrations, or other information associated with the principal map. A scanned version of this map was georeferenced by the Center for Spatial and Textual Analysis (CESTA) at Stanford University. This map is part of a selection of georeferenced historic maps from the David Rumsey Map Collection at Stanford University.This layer provides an historical perspective of the cultural and physical landscape during this time period. The wide range of information provided on these maps make them useful in the study of historic geography. As this map has been georeferenced, it also can be used as a background layer in conjunction with other GIS data.
- Stanford Digital Repository
- United States
- Historical geography, Rivers, Cities and towns, Lakes, and Imagery and Base Maps
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This work is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights.
- Public Domain Mark 1.0
|Click on map to inspect values|