Biologic Resource Areas: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries for Biologic Resource Areas in the County of Humboldt, California. Biologic Resources are designated due to their rare or especially valuable nature or role in an ecosystem and can be easily disturbed or degraded by human activity. Biologic Resources are protected and preserved for their genetic, scientific and educational values. This coverage was derived from the "Sensitive Habitats Policy Background Study" map (March 1982) by the Humboldt County Planning Department. This layer was digitized using General Plan 15 foot Basemap. Original map scale: 1 inch = 1 Mile. Data may not be accurate for large scale overlays. Data was registered to CA Stateplane Zone 1 NAD27 Units Feet.The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County (Calif.)
- Administrative and political divisions, Ecosystem management, Biotic communities, Habitat conservation, Boundaries, Environment, and Planning and Cadastral
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|