Fault Lines: Generalized Geologic Map of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, 2005
- Reed, John Calvin, Jr. 1930- and Bush, Charles A.
- This line shapefile represents major fault lines in Alaska. This map complements the Generalized Geologic Map of the Conterminous United States by Reed and Bush. The data are generalized from a compilation prepared for use in the Geologic Map of North America, published as a paper map by the Geological Society of America and to be released as a digital file by the U.S. Geological Survey. This layer is part of the 1997-2014 edition National Atlas of the United States.These data have been prepared with a degree of detail appropriate for viewing at a scale of 1:7,500,000. Because of the degree of generalization required (generalization based on compilation scale), the data are intended primarily for display and for regional and national analysis, rather than for more detailed analysis in specific areas. No responsibility is assumed by the U.S. Geological Survey in the use of these data.
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and United States Virgin Islands
- Faults (Geology) and Geoscientific Information
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|