European Rivers, 1:10 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This polyline shapefile depicts single-line drainages for rivers in Europe only ranked by relative importance. Includes name and line width attributes for creating tapered drainages. River data is primarily derived from the European Commission Joint Research Centre Institute for Environment and Sustainability's Catchment Characterisation and Modelling (CCM) Database 2.1 and intended for small-scale cartographic use. Only a portion of the CCM data is used, representing major rivers and lakes (classes 4 and 5 in the MAINDRAIN attributes column). Headwaters of some CCM rivers were clipped slightly downstream to provide visual separation with other river headwaters and to avoid the crests of ridges on the shaded relief. These data are represented at 1:10,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0).Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Rivers and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|