Ware Afbeeldinghe van de starcke Stadt Rochelle
- Siette, Rene, Visscher, Claes Jansz., 1586 or 1587-1652, and Visscher, Nicolaes, 1618-1679
- Geordonneert ende afgeterykent door den Heer de Siette... Jaer 1627 ; C.J. Visscher excudebat 1628. Relief shown pictorially and by shading. Bar scale on map given in "Schale van vadem" (also "Echelee de toisses"). North oriented toward upper right. Index within text at bottom: Tafel om te vinden de notabelste plaetsen inde Stadt Rochelle. Depicts siege of La Rochelle, showing fortifications, fleet, troops. Decorative cartouche, compass roses, fortification plans, topography, vegetation, ships. French text in lower right; French scale statement on bar scale. Inset map: Kaarte van de Kusten van Rochel, S. Martyn, Oleron, ende de gheles gentheyt daer omtrent; bar scale on map given in "Milaria Gallica". This copy has "94" in upper left; pencil inscription in lower left: 540.
- Imprime par Nicolas Iansz. Visscher
- Renaissance Exploration Map Collection
- Europe, Brittany (France), and La Rochelle (France)
- Military maps, History, and Siege
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- Images from the The Renaissance Exploration Collection courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights (Public Domain Mark 1.0).