International Bathymetric Chart of the Arctic Ocean, 30 Arc-Second Resolution GeoTIFF (Version 3.0)
- IOC (Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission), Jakobsson, M, Mayer, Larry A. (Larry Allan), 1952-, Coakley, Bernard, Dowdeswel, Julian A. , Forbes, Steve, Fridman, Boris, 1956-, Hodnesdal, Hanne, Noormets, Riko, Pedersen, Richard J., 1952-, Rebesco, M. (Michele), Schenke, Hans Werner, Zarayskaya, Yulia , Daniela Accettella, Armstrong, Andrew, Anderson, Robert M., Bienhoff, Paul, Camerlenghi, A. (Angelo), Church, Ian, Edwards, Margo, Gardner, James V., Hall, John Kendrick, 1940-, Hell, Benjamin, Hestvik, Ole, Kristoffersen, Y., Marcussen, Christian , Mohammad, Rezwan, Mosher, David Cole, 1960-, Nghiem, Son V. , Pedrosa, Maria Teresa , Travaglini, Paola G. , and Weatherall, Pauline
- This layer is a georeferenced raster image (GeoTIFF) of a digital bathymetric model (DBM) of the Arctic Ocean compiled with all multibeam, dense single beam, and land data added at a resolution of 30 x 30 arc seconds. This is a reprojected version (WGS84) of the 500 meter resolution data layer. The original (DBM) was compiled with all multibeam, dense single beam and land data added at 500 x 500 m resolution in a final step using the remove-restore method. Data were compiled from several multibeam cruises in the region dating from 1994 to 2011.The goal of this initiative is to develop a digital data base that contains all available bathymetric data north of 64° North, for use by mapmakers, researchers, institutions, and others whose work requires a detailed and accurate knowledge of the depth and the shape of the Arctic seabed.
- National Geophysical Data Center
- Arctic Ocean
- Bathymetric maps, Multibeam mapping, Elevation, Imagery and Base Maps, and Oceans
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|